Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I own a site in Ireland. Can an English court order me to sell

Customer Question

I own a site in Ireland. Can an English court order me to sell and pay a proportion to my wife on divorce
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. When an English court is making an order in divorce proceedings, all a person's assets are in play. This would include any site you own in Ireland. However, be aware that it is highly unlikely that any order will be made in relation to this site, as your wife will have no interest in owning it. Rather, it will be any house or other property you have in England which will be dealt with. Not the site in Ireland. I would also advise you to get the lowest possible valuation of the site in Ireland from an auctioneer in Ireland for the divorce proceedings.