Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Due to the death of my trustee sister I have become the sole

Due to the death of my trustee sister I have become the sole owner of a small piece of land. My sisters family will not forward the Deeds and historic papers to me. My ownership is fully registered with Land Registry.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Thanks for your enquiry.
As the Deeds are registered at the Land Registry, you don't actually need the "original copy" which your family is holding.
This is because registered Deeds are stored "electronically" at the Land Registry, meaning that as and when you come to sell the land, your Solicitor will need to apply to the Land Registry for up to date copies anyway, and wouldn't be able to rely on the copy held by your family.
Accordingly, I would suggest that you go on the Land Registry website and check. You will be able to obtain copies online, if you would like
Here is the link-
https://www.gov.uk/search-property-information-land-registry
As regards ***** ***** Deeds, which may interst you, I can only suggest that you approach a local Conveyancing Solicitor, who could write to your family requesting their return.
I hope this assists and answers your question.
If so, I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback.
Kind Regards
Al
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Al,
This has been most helpful and we know what our next step should be. You have been speedy and to the point particularly showing two aspects of the papers in question. The first has been done, registered etc. The second causes frustration and possible other former correspondence which may be there that may have a bearing on other questions. The holding them causes suspicion and mis trust needless to say the history of the past ownerships of this land.Your service is well worth recommending. I do not for see on going law issues but one may have to face more.Thank you.Michael Aslin.