75100385

There i am a landlord and am looking new tenant. I

hi there i am a landlord and am looking for a new tenant. I have always used a letting agency but the management fee is 15%. There is an individual in the unit who is keen to rent without using a letting agency. He wishes to pay a lower rent but there would be no letting agency fee. I am unsure of what is the best option for me? Using a letting agency i have a safety blanket if things go wrong. What would your advice be? thank you
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
It is really a commercial decision. If you are happy for reduced rent and no agent it means you have to do the reference checks, protect the deposit, deal with the tenancy agreement, make sure payments are made and issue notices to quit etc.
If you are happy to do this then it may be worth sacrificing a reduction. Otherwise you may wish to pay a premium and keep the agents to do all the work. They dont necessarily offer a safety net as if the tenant does not pay, they still need to go through the legal process to evict.
Of course you could ask the agents to lower their fee, or indeed accept a lower rent but still go through an agent.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.