75100385

W Thank you my question regarding

For Alex W
Thank you for answering my question regarding court time.
The solicitors have now taken a bullying attitude saying " we would pursue the costs of attending that hearing on the basis of your refusal to consent to the application. Alternatively it is open to our client to make the application without your consent." and "It is highly likely that the application would be granted as the courts will wish to ensure there is sufficient time to hear all 3 so as to avoid wasting court time. We would therefore invite you to reconsider. "
Am I really opening myself up to increased costs against me?
Regards,
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
This is not a trial, it's simply to set aside. Your application should be heard then and only the should they make an application to strike out.
They can seek costs but then they are discretionary. The judge is likely to add costs in the case.
Does that help?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.