75100385

This is a long story that starts in 1992 when I returned the keys of my house to citiba

hi this is a long story that starts in 1992 when I returned the keys of my house to citibank who I held a 35000 pounds mortgage with.I left a forwarding address but was never contacted until in2000 I wanted to try again for amortgage I contacted citibank and was informed that my home had been sold through an estate agent and all monies owed had been paid and I should have noproblem in applying again with another building society I purchased a property succesfully with the dunfermiline bs ayear later I had a loan for house improvements and a few months later received a letter from a debt company saying tha I had a20000 pound shortfall from my citbank mortgage when I told them this couldnt be and wanted details they said it was for legal fees I toldthem they should take me to courtf they wanted to as I owed nothing never heard anythingmore until2005 when I had sold my house and moved back to leicester I suddenly got phone calls and letters demanding this "debt" I contacted Leicesterlaw s
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
When did you last make a payment on the mortgage please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
citibank aroud july1991 moved out may1992
Ok then it is statute barred. They have twelve years under the limitation act to bring a claim. They have not and therefore it's statute barred.
Do not make any payment as you have a defence, if you make any payments or acknowledge the debt the twelve years starts agaIN.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no many thanks alex for your assistance
Happy to help.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/