Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have 3 tenanted terraced properties. There is a right of

I have 3 tenanted terraced properties. There is a right of way to the road for all 8 properties across the rear . The furthest property from the road has just acquired a 4th large dog I informed his landlord a few years ago that the dogs that he owned then had to be leashed and muzzled when crossing my property. My properties are let on ASTs and I have no right of access without the tenants permission. With the new law regarding dogs biting on private property can I be sued if his dogs bite my tenants , whose responsibility is it to make the dog owner muzzle and leash when although I own the properties he crosses I can have no control as I have no access.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.
No, you can't be sued. Please don't worry. You can only do what is humanly possible. You cannot do any more than suggest he acts responsibly.
If his dogs do misbehave then he will be the target of a prosecution or a suit.
Actually though there is no offence in having dogs off lead or off muzzle unless they are subject to court orders to the contrary.
All you are doing is suggesting that he does this as a precaution and that is more than you are under a duty to do.