75100385

I rent an unfurnished house and as part of the standard routine

I rent an unfurnished house and as part of the standard routine check from the agency (after the first 4 months in there), they attended to the property, and unexpected (from me at least) they took pictures of the entire house, instead of point the cameras to the walls and whatever is relevant to the Landlord, they deliberate took pictures of my entire house and now I feel completely exposed and in my judgement unnecessary, as said, it's an unfurnished house so anything apart from the structure should not matter to the agency / landlord, is that a right assumption ?
And said that, is there something I can do to stop or to make sure they will not use these pictures ? I want to push them away for this attitude but I need to know whether that's something they will always be allowed and I need to deal with that or whether I can say that was never informed and therefore these pictures are not authorised ?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Does the tenancy agreement say they will take pictures?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex,

I'm quite happy for you to phone me on 0777(###) ###-#### ***** I'm not paying extra for that, I'm sorry.

These is the section in the contract that state about the visits, there's no mention about photographs, I had someone in my house representing me that didn't stop the person to take pictures because this person wasn't advised, but if I knew that would happen I'd have stopped, below are the copy / past section from the contract:

12. Access and Inspection

12.1. To allow the Landlord or his Agent (or any Superior Landlord) to enter the Premises with or

without workmen and with all necessary equipment. Other than in the case of an emergency,

the Landlord shall give the Tenant not less than 24 hours written notice. The Tenant further

agrees to allow the Agent to provide contact details including telephone numbers to workmen

to arrange access where applicable. The Tenant is only required to allow such access when:

 the Tenant has not complied with a written notice under clause 10.12 of this Agreement

 the Landlord or the Agent seeks to carry out work for which the Landlord is responsible

 the Landlord or the Agent wishes to inspect the Premises.

12.2. To permit the Premises to be viewed at all reasonable times during the penultimate month of

the Tenancy in normal working hours, including weekends following a prior request and upon

giving at least 24 hours‟ notice in writing, by any person who is, or is acting on behalf of, the

Landlord, or the Agent, who wishes to view the Premises with a prospective purchaser or

Tenant of the Premises.

12.3. To permit the Premises to be viewed at all reasonable times during the final month of the

Tenancy in normal working hours, including weekends, following a prior request by any person

who is, or is acting on behalf of, the Landlord or the Agent, who wishes to view the Premises

with a prospective purchaser or tenant.

12.4. To allow the Landlord or the Agent to erect and maintain “for sale” or “to let” signs at the

Premises.

and the Landlord wishes to enter the Premises in accordance with that clause;

(those responsibilities are set out in clause 24.3 of this Agreement);

Then no the Landlord can not do this and they must provide you copies under the Data Protection Act.
The Landlord can only do what is permitted in the tenancy agreement, nothing else.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.