Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience
27487359

My nextdoor neighbour has removed the fence we jointly erected

My nextdoor neighbour has removed the fence we jointly erected on my boundary.first of all he built the fence within his boundary which I found acceptable but while I was out he has now removed the fence off my boundary which was behind it.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
When the fence was removed was it on your land or his and how was it paid for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have looked at our deeds and believe the fence was on our land it was paid for by myself and next door jointly and I erected it
Well if it was on your land and indeed paid jointly he should not have done this and would be responsible to put the fence back up and make good any damage. You should write to him formally (either yourself or a solicitor) setting out the basis of his obligation - basically giving him 7 days to rectify - put the fence back in its place or erect a new fence upon your agreement. He should be responsible for the cost. If he fails t do so then you will put up a new fence and look to him for the cost - if this can not be agreed then you will consider taking him to the small claims court for the cost of putting up a new fence. Happy to discuss. Please remember to rate positively - thanks
I hope that helps - please remember to rate positively - thanks