Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience
27487359

At the trial date my joint mortgage agreed with out having

Customer Question

at the trial date my joint mortgage agreed with out having the trial to give me what I was asking for which was a sole conduct of sale plus what he own me of money as he never contributed of paying his share of mortgage or maintenance of the property.
in that court order it says the minimum price sale will be 325000, I had one offer at that price but the buyer fail to get his mortgage sorted, now I have another offer but it is 310K, but when I asked my joint mortgage to accept that price he start to give
a new silly proposals instead. so I finally just said to him, no I will stick with initial agreement. My question is : can he apply to court to change that agreement he gave me at the step door of the trial? or if I got a buyer who will offer 325K, can he
not agree again and stop me of selling the house?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Presumably the agreement was written down into an order and approved by the court. If this is the case then it is extremely difficult for him to look to reopen that agreement and if he does try then he would usually be forced to pay the costs of such an application. You should thus be confident with the agreement which was entered into at court. Please remember to rate positively - thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He avoid the trial because he was going to loose, I had all the prove that I paid all for that property, he just put his name with me and promised me he will pay his share later but he never did.
I lost a lot of money by taking him to court and because he accepted to give what I asked for, the judge did not hear the trial the he said that each of us assume his legal fees. It was very frustrating for me because now he even not paid my fees.
Can go to court and sue him in a new trial for what he did to me and all the lost I uncured because of him plus all the stressful time I had and still have up to now because of him?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I go back to court and sue him in a new trial for what he did to me and all the lost I uncured because of him doing all that in purpose to make me spend all that money plus all the stressful time I had and still have up to now because of him?