Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience
27487359

We have been informed by a solicitor landlord Freshwater

Customer Question

We have been informed by a solicitor for our landlord Freshwater that we will be evicted next month after 45 years . How should we responed
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
what type of tenancy do you have and on what basis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we have been a tenant since 1969 and are a registered tenant They believe that we dont live at the flat. Which we most cetainly do

It is extremely difficult to evict someone with a regulated or registered tenancy. The landlord would need to take you to court and get a possession order from a county court. The court only makes a possession order if your landlord can prove there is a legal reason to evict you. It is illegal eviction if your landlord tries to evict you without getting a court order. Your local council can help you if they are attempting to illegally evict you or harass you. I would suggest that you take the letter to a local solicitor or the Local Council. happy to discuss - please rate positively - thanks
I hope that this helps - please remember to rate positively for me - thanks