75100385

We live in a small unadopted "private street" in North Wales.

We live in a small unadopted "private street" in North Wales. The street is open at both ends to main roads. There just six house in the street, and the deeds of each show that the freeholds extend to the centre of the street.
My question is what rights do the public have as regards ***** ***** access and right of way and do we freeholders have any rights to restrict parking, access etc. The street provides an easy "short cut" and therefore is quite heavily used by traffic.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
The owners can block off the access and gate it if they wish. The only caveat is if there has been 20 years use someone may claim they have a prescriptive of way, this right becomes absolute after 40 years use.
But assuming it's less that this you can block it off or prevent access to others.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Alex,

Very many thanks. As the road/houses were built 100 years ago I guess the public do have right of way. There is a family of particularly unpleasant neighbours who deliberately use it frequently just to annoy!

All the best,

Peter

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.