Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

Married 21 years and 2 children. I am Norwegian and my x- husband

Married 21 years and 2 children. I am Norwegian and my x- husband British. Divorced from him since 1995. Are his children in Norway in title to inherit from him ?, ( he remarried years ago and have no more children.)
Can he leave them out of a will ? - That is not possible in Norway. I dont know if a will is made.
Regards ***** ***** Carr
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
Which part of the Uk does your ex live in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He lives in South East England. - Norfolk.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
In that case if your ex dies without making a Will the under the Intestacy laws his widow will receive all his belongings the first £250,00 of his cash assets.
The balance is divided in two with half being divided between his children immediately, and the other half being invested with his widow receiving the interest until her death when that capital will revert to the children.
If he makes a Will he can exclude his children although they may then be able to make a claim against the estate - although there is no guarantee of success
However if all the assets are held in joint names with his wife they will automatically pass to her outside the Will in any event
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details