How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 33080
Experience:  Over 20 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

We own the private road in which we live. Two of our neighbours

Resolved Question:

We own the private road in which we live. Two of our neighbours have been parking there cars in this road which is right outside their own front doors. Although we can get past their vehicle's it makes access to our property very difficult. We have put in a planning application for an extension to our house and quite amazingly one of these neighbours have objected sighting access as being a potential issue when the builders need to access our property. This surely would only be an issue as they are illegally parking their vehicles. Am I right in my thought process and what can I do to get them to move their cars?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
You are right with regard to your view on this matter. As you own the private road you would need to start putting notices up telling your neighbours that they can not park along the road and putting them on notice as to the consequences of such parking - there are private car companies who will undertake this service for you. Happy to discuss . Please rate positively - thanks
Thomas Judge and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you