Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience
27487359

I have a legal charge on my property which was put on by

Hi I have a legal charge on my property which was put on by a company that is now dissolved ( by companies house) and their assets have gone to bona vacantia I'm now thinking of selling my house but want to know what my position is before I do anything . Thank you Michael halpin.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Technically thus the charge is still payable on the sale of the property but to the Crown. You can sell the property but you would need to ensure as with any other mortgage that the charge is paid off at the time of completion. As such you need to be in correspondence (sooner rather than later - they are often slow) with the Treasury's Solicitor. I attach a helpful leaflet - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/sending-money-due-to-the-crown-under-a-bona-vacantia-mortgage-bvc5Please rate positively - thanks