Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience
27487359

We have neighbour with a large marquee in his garden, which

Customer Question

We have neighbour with a large marquee in his garden, which runs adjacent to our fence. He has tied strings to our fence posts without our permission. I have contacted the local council, who say there is no restriction with having a marquee, but I have read that after 28 days planning permission is required. Which is true please?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
They are actually two distinct points. The fact is that if he has attached something to a fence on your land then this is trespass and he should remove it if you tell him to. You should formally in writing (I would get a solicitor to write such a letter) let him know that this is trespass and that you will take him to court and seek damages should he not remove it within say 7 days. The marquee point is correct from the LA but not your actual complaint. They will not however deal with trespass. I hope that this helps. Please rate positively - thanks
I hope that helps - can you please remember to rate positively - thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your response, which is helpful. If there is no reasoning with my neighbour I will do as you suggest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I wish to have just a one off payment and would like to cancel any further payment requests. Thank you.
My pleasure - please rate positively - I will ensure that they deal with as a one off payment - thanks
Please remember to rate positively - thanks