Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Sirs, I lived on the Woodchurch Wirral until the end of Oct.

Customer Question

Sirs, I lived on the Woodchurch Wirral until the end of Oct. & went in to hospital for a leg amputation, I then went into re-hab until Feb this year, in the mean time, my wife who is suffering from Alzhiemers had to go into care leaving my old house empty for say 4 months, the Physio & Social Worker went to my old house, & reported to "who ever" that the house was neither accessible or adaptable for my. or my wifes needs, i.e Im wheelchair bound, & my wife doesn't what day of the week it is. so I was moved into a contained flat with 24/7 care, my problem is that the Council want to year me for council tax for 2015/16 for the whole year,I never moved voluntary, but WAS moved due to health reasons, Ive tried ringing my local council, get thru' to the switch board given various alternatives to ring, but each what I think is the correct dept , they all just continue to ring out, the minimumum time ringing is over 5 mins, or more, . question? do I still have to pat tax on my old house? even if it wasn't a voluntary move.. thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Was it furnished when you left it, or empty please?