75100385

We have a neighbour who every cuts our hedge which overhangs

Customer Question

We have a neighbour who every cuts our hedge which overhangs his property which is fine but he cuts it over the boundary on our side by about two foot. We have asked him to stop but doesn't . Also have asked him to remove the ivy on fence which is damaging panels. He has in the past thrown lighted cigarettes over the fence at least 200. He has fixed his gate onto our fence panel. We have sent him solictors letters etc but to no avail What can we do to stop him. We do not speak and now feel that it is harassment and he also plays very oud music in the garden. He has lived there for thirteen years and just does what he feels is OK. All i want him to do is remove the ivy and stop cutting too much hedge as he has now ruined it.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did he respond to the Solicitor letter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Ok. Then you need to get a court order to stop him doing this. You need to issue a claim using form n1
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf
And n16a
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n016a-eng.pdf
The court will issue the claim and list the matter for a hearing. The court will then decide whether to make an order. If the court makes an order and the neighbour breaks it this is contempt of court and the neighbour could be warned, fined or sent to prison.
Do you have a number we can chat on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would rather do this on line. If we take him to court will we have to pay costs if we do not win case.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will we have to pay costs if we lose case.
Yes if you bring a case and lose you are liable for the costs of the other side. But if you win, they are liable for your costs.
Does that help?