Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience
27487359

We live in the county side, we share access with our neighbour

Customer Question

We live in the county side, we share access with our neighbour down a lane, now my neighbour as build a building to be used as a bakery with four vans used in the business. in our deeds it says right of way for any purpose with our with out animals.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
If you have this right of way then it is not fro your neighbour to restrict you from using it. It is also not I am afraid a matter for the Local Council. You will need to write to the neighbour advising him that he is restricting your right of way and that unless he stops you will issue court proceedings for an injunction to stop his work and reinstate your right of way. The law is on your side in this regard. I would also consider instructing a solicitor to act on your behalf with respect to same. Happy to discuss. Please remember to rate positively - thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't understand, I'll start again, I share my access , My neighbour as put up a building that he is going to use as a bakery, my concern is the amount of vehicle's that will be using the access, this lane is for two dullings not a factory , when it says on my deeds right of way for any porous do this mean commercial vehicle's.
From what you have said he is entitled to use the right of way (as you are). He is not restricted from having commercial vehicles use the access.