75100385

I am unsure if my question comes under property law,

Customer Question

I am unsure if my question comes under property law, but it is relating to my buy to let I am in the process of selling.
I have had this property for 10 years and wanted to sell it quick, so I went to a company called property rescue. They informed me that the property would be sold very quickly. They were very helpful in getting out my present tenants out of the property, even though I had given them 6 weeks notice, also the property had been cleared and painted white by them.
The energy proformance cert was paid through them.
I have had two buyer who have come very close to buying the property, but changed their minds a couple of weeks before exchange. Altogther they have been dealing with my property since this April (6 months).
I have spoken to them in regards ***** ***** price of the property which is being marked at £350.00 and I am being offered £285.00. I have discussed that I don't want to use their service any more, but they have told me that I can't pull out of a signed contract and if I did they will take me to court. Please can you tell me what are my rights or what I should do.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have contracts been exchanged?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Alex

The only contract I have is the one with Property Rescue to sell the property. I have not contacted Property Rescue since the second buyers declined to buy the property. As far as I know there are no buyers no exchange of contracts. I hope this helps

What does the contract says about terminating it please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Attachment: 2015-09-24_205032_10_b_final_2015.docx

I

Attachment: 2015-09-24_205323_10_b_final_2015.docx

have an attached the contract, sorry for the delay. I hope it's not to late for a response

When did you sign it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

March 4th 2015

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Its bad news I am afraid. You are usually allowed a 14 day cooling off period if contracts were signed at a distance. This means you could have had until 18th March to cancel. As it is beyond that I am sorry to say you are bound, but this does not apply here because you are selling.
However if contracts have not been exchanged, because you are selling it, ie gone through a Solicitor then you can cancel the agreement. Either party can pull out at any time if contracts havent been exchanged. If they have been exchanged you are committed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Alex, just to confirm if a offer to buy falls through due to the buyer deciding they no longer wants to buy, I can cancel the contract agreement.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Would I have to put this in writting to them

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I would yes.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/