Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I own a property with the freehold which consists of two self-contained

Customer Question

I own a property with the freehold which consists of two self-contained flat I wishto create a lease on one of the flats is it possible to own the freehold issue myself with a lease
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
I am afraid the same person can not grant themselves a Lease.
However, if you are married for example, and the Freehold is in your sole name, you can grant yourself and your Wife a Lease or vice versa.
If this is not feasible, the alternative would be to put the Freehold title into the name of a Management Company, for which you would be the Director, and you could then grant a Lease to yourself in your personal name. Setting up such a Company would cost you approx £500-£750.
I hope this assists and answers your question.
Kind Regards
Al
Can I assist you any further?
Kind Regards
Al