Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 20 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I have a title deed to my property which i would like interpreting

I have a title deed to my property which i would like interpreting to layman's language.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can copy to you the relevant excerpt from the deed when you are ready
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Please forward the document as well as confirming what exactly you would like clarifying.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards
Al
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you receive my response and attached docs via my email? Thanks
Afraid I haven't received any attachment with the document?
Kind Regards
Al
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Al,
Please find attached. I am trying to understand the restriction clauses in 2 and 3 re building.
Alan Wood
Hi Alan,
When your property was sold in 1976, the Sellers
(Mr White, in respect of your land coloured pink and Mrs White in respect of your land coloured blue), imposed a condition meaning that the Buyer of the blue and pink lands would not object to any future building that may be erected at on Mr and Mrs White's retained land.
I can not confirm which land Mr White and Mrs White owned, but it must be adjoining your property.
Hence, the wording "the Purchasers shall not be entitled to any right of light or air..." means that if any building were erected next to your land, and this building may adversely affect the light or air received by your property, you would not object to this building on the grounds that it was affecting the light and air.
It is a pretty common condition imposed, when an owner of land sells off a section of his land, and where he wants to make sure the Buyer can not object to any future building he may erect on his retained land.
I hope this makes sense and assists you.
Kind Regards
Al
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Al,
Thank you. Mr White does own adjoining land . What i need to understand under the Deeds is ; can i build on the pink and blue land areas and can Mt White or (others) object to this ? There is some suggestion that this may be the case.
Is it likely that there could be other Deed docs in addition to those that i have received from the land registry that might refer to such a restriction? f so where would they be.
Hi Alan,
Thanks for your reply.
The clauses 2 and 3 referred to in my last answer does not prevent you from building an extension or new property.
Any such restrictions would be contained in the Charges Register. If there were any such restrictions, there would be wording in the Charges Register stating "the Conveyance dated xxx between Mr White and Y contains restrictive covenants".
(Restrictive covenants are things a Buyer of land is not entitled to do full stop or without obtaining the consent of a third party).
As no such wording is contained in the Charges Register, there are no such restrictive covenants which were imposed by either Mr or Mrs White when they sold off the blue and pink land in 1976.
Therefore, I would advise that Mr or Mrs White's consent would not be required if you were to build an extension/ new property.
I hope this helps.
Kind Regards
Al
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So , can i take it that there will not be any other "Charges Register" associated with my property ?
Hi Alan,
There is only 1 Charges Register for your property as per the Official Copies you have sent me, so I can confirm there are no restrictive covenants affecting your property.
Kind Regards
Al
Sorry Alan,
My last post should have been an answer as opposed to an "info request".
Kind Regards
Al
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
last point please Al, . Under the Charges reigister is states:
A Deed of Grant affecting the land tinted blue on the filed plan dated 12 July 1976 made between (1) ***** ***** and (2) Roy Owen White relates to rights of access.
NOTE 1: Copy filed
By a Memorandum dated 7 October 1976 endorsed thereon the said rights were expressed to be varied.
What does this refer to /mean?
Hi Alan,
The Deed of Grant means "a right" was granted in July 76 to an adjoining land owner, over your land coloured blue. This may be a right of way, or a right to lay drains on your land, for example.
The provisions relating to this right were then varied in October 76.
You can apply for copies of both these Deeds from the Land Registry, to see exactly what they say.
Kind Regards
Al
Hi Alan,
If I have assisted you, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.
Kind Regards
Al
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: LLB(HONS) 20 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks Al. I will rate as excellent. thank you again.