Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

I want to find out who owns a residential property in

I want to find out who owns a residential property in England. The property is empty. I want to find out 1. who the owner is (which I can do from the Land Registry), but 2. importantly the address of the current owner.
How do I do that?
Regards,
Marcus
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
Most proeprties in the UK are registered at Land Registry. You can find out who owns
the property by downloading the register for the property.
You can download a copy of the register for your property from the land registry's search engine to find the title number :-
http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/wps/portal/Property_Search
Enter the postcode for your property and if it is registered it will give you the option to download a copy of the register.
The owner will be the person(s) listed as “Proprietor ” in the first entry below “B: Preceptorship Register” on the register that you download.
An owner is required to state where they can be contacted and the address will follow immediately after their names on the register.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom|