75100385

I have a question about my conditional tenancy agreement.

Hello, I have a question about my conditional tenancy agreement. A number of conditions have been accepted by a landlord and confirmed by the agents that they have been done before I signed the contract and made a transfer. I was given a key after I paid and went in to the flat just to see that nothing has been done. Now I want to get my money back as they have not met the conditions prior to the move in date but was told by the agent that I cannot do that as I'm not allowed to break the contract. is that correct? Please let me know when can I seek a proper advice on what I can do in order to get the money back. thank you in advance!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
How much is the deposit etc? Is anything in writing re the conditions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response.

So far I paid 6 weeks deposit (£2880) and one month rent (£2080). I have all conditions listed in the contract that I signed and returned to them. I was given a key only on my move in date and the agent confirmed to me prior to me making the above transfer that all has been done

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.