Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Alex, I just typed in a long explanation but I think

Customer Question

Hi Alex,
I just typed in a long explanation but I think it got lost in just answer's system - so I'll try again. You answered my question a few days ago regarding tenant/owner relationships - thanks :).
My contract naturally terminates at the end of this month and I will owe 2 month's rent, 3792 x 2 = 7584, against a deposit of 6500 leaving a balance owing by me of 1,084. (I do realize I'm offside by not paying him but I find him duplicitous and I'm not going to do it).
So - my question is the procedure on how to settle the final amounts. At most, I owe 1084, but I have had limited enjoyment and use for the last 3 months because of scaffolding that he claimed not to know about, it is covered in plastic ruining the view of this 'garden view top floor flat', and further the windows are actually all sealed in heavy opaque plastic sheeting allowing even less light and NO AIR! Further, the oven does not work, which he is also now trying to pretend he did not know about, sending lots of messages acting like he is so responsive.
He has sent me 2 sets of legal papers, the first claiming I owed in excess of 11,000 (never the case), and the 2nd one apparently correcting that and saying I owe the 7584, and asking me to vacate in mid December. I am actually vacating this month as the contract is over end of Oct.
How do I go about dealing with the deposit, when I won't have a dispute that the 6500 deposit can all be used for the rent arrears, but that the extra 1,084 that I owe should not be payable by me, but instead should be a refund due to my lack of enjoyment and full use for the last 3 months.
I propose I don't pay him any more, and he doesn't pay me either - let it be a wash - where I get a 'credit' of 1084 for my inconvenience.
I do not really want to call the council or file an N1.
How can I best do this?
Many thanks,
Pamela.
Hello Pamela my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Remind me, I cant see your old question - can you give me the link to it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So, I think I have paid for a question, 26 pounds. Are we ready to go? I'd rather not speak on the phone for 36 pounds, thank you just the same.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you ready to chat?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex, I just typed in a long explanation but I think it got lost in just answer's system - so I'll try again. You answered my question a few days ago regarding tenant/owner relationships - thanks :). My contract naturally terminates at the end of this month and I will owe 2 month's rent, 3792 x 2 = 7584, against a deposit of 6500 leaving a balance owing by me of 1,084. (I do realize I'm offside by not paying him but I find him duplicitous and I'm not going to do it).
How can I best do this?
Many thanks,
Pamela.
How much is outstanding?