Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

The estate agent who is selling the property next door to me

Customer Question

The estate agent who is selling the property next door to me has accused one of my dogs have biting him
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The person in question said I will be hearing from his soliciter I have spoken the agent he works for and tegu have said his behaviour is unacceptable should I report his allegation to the police
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.
No.
There is no point in doing that. He may not report this.
The best that could be achieved if you report it is that the police will ignore your report as they have not received a complaint from him. The worst is that they could go round and take a complaint from which will turn this into a criminal prosecution.
It is never a good idea to tell the police that somebody else wants to make a report against us.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I shouldn't do anything the estate agent advised out neighbour to take it further through a solicitor so am I not better having the incident documented in case he does
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.
Well, not with the police.

You can make a note of it.

But if he makes a report then he makes a report. It isn't something that is improved upon because you have documentation really.

If he tries to sue then you might find your house insurance would cover it.