LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

My name i Cam i stood as guarantor son last year

Hi my name i Cam i stood as guarantor for my son last year for property that he and three other friends was renting, the agent still has there deposit of £ 2,520.00but the they want £1540.00 for damages to the property . which my son and friends think is unfair. This is the list of things the agent is claiming for .
1.-Garden maintenance (we had a contractor cut back and clear the garden after the commencement of your tenancy ):£350.00
2.-Removal of glue patch under the radiator : £ 20.00
3.-Broken curtain pole ( as hi lighted in report ) 15.00
4.-Microwave £40.00
%.-Redecoration throughout :£970.00
6.-Remove and replace bathroom blinds£20.00
Bro***** *****robe : £80.0
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
Is the deposit held in a guarantee scheme. If so - and it should be- then there will be a dispute system run by that scheme which can be used to resolve this.