75100385

We have a restaurant business with leased premises. The

Hi, we have a restaurant business with leased premises. The contract says we have to pay rent 3 months ahead. After 1 year of payments we agreed with the landlords to change to only 1 month in advance. This was fine for a few months then the premises changed hands and now the new owners want us to go back to 3 months. The change was only verbally made. Can they enforce this or is our verbal agreement binding ? Thank you , Vince Payne
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help,you.
How long have you been paying one month ahead?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, we've paid 1 month ahead for 4 months
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
4 months
Did they agree in writing or only verbally?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Verbally but we did confirm to them that we would pay monthly as agreed.
Ok. If it was agreed and you have evidence of your monthly repayments this is a contract. It therefore can't be changed and the new landlords must honour that.
Otherwise it's breach of contract. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Alex, so we are ok to insist on continuing to pay monthly ?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.