75100385

Is it against the law to buy a retirement home as an investment,

Customer Question

is it against the law to buy a retirement home as an investment, while living in ( assured tenancy) sheltered housing provided for me recently since I was forced out of my family home?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Generally no, but you need to check the terms and conditions of your tenancy, as it may be.
Usually its not for private rentals.
Do you have anything else you wish ask me? If so, do you have a number I can call on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i am not sure you understood. I am not suggesting renting my sheltered housing property that I am in. I mean one that I would purchase. you probably don't come across people so nieve and of nervous disposition like me usually. question is can I rent out a property while I'm still living in a property that was provided to me through having been in a hostel for the homeless.

Ok I see what you mean. Then yes you can purchase yes and rent it out.
Does that help?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.