How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 33037
Experience:  Over 20 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I have a property that the tenants were required by the county

Resolved Question:

I have a property that the tenants were required by the county court to vacate by 22nd October. They have moved most of their possessions( they did not start to vacate until 23/24th) but have left some possesions in the kitchen and left the lights on in the bathroom and kitchen. The windows upstairs are wide open but the front and rear door are locked. There is a car on the property filled with possessions but no one has been at the proerty for at least 3 days, so I am unable to determine when and if they will vacate. They have not paid the court fee of £290 which they were advised to do.
My question is, am I able to effect a peaceful entry via one of the upstair open windows and have a locksmith on hand to secure the property. What do I do about their possessions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Ok. You should really ask the court for a ‘warrant for possession’ as they have not left the property by the date given in an order for possession. When the court issues a warrant, your tenants will be sent an eviction notice giving a date by when they must leave your property. If your tenants don’t leave your property you’ll need to fill in this form to arrange for a bailiff to evict them. should also keep their property rather than simply dispose of and allow them the opportunity to collect same. Happy to discuss, Please rate positive
Thomas Judge and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you