Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience
27487359

I have a property that the tenants were required by the county

I have a property that the tenants were required by the county court to vacate by 22nd October. They have moved most of their possessions( they did not start to vacate until 23/24th) but have left some possesions in the kitchen and left the lights on in the bathroom and kitchen. The windows upstairs are wide open but the front and rear door are locked. There is a car on the property filled with possessions but no one has been at the proerty for at least 3 days, so I am unable to determine when and if they will vacate. They have not paid the court fee of £290 which they were advised to do.
My question is, am I able to effect a peaceful entry via one of the upstair open windows and have a locksmith on hand to secure the property. What do I do about their possessions?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Ok. You should really ask the court for a ‘warrant for possession’ as they have not left the property by the date given in an order for possession. When the court issues a warrant, your tenants will be sent an eviction notice giving a date by when they must leave your property. If your tenants don’t leave your property you’ll need to fill in this form to arrange for a bailiff to evict them. http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n325-eng.pdfYou should also keep their property rather than simply dispose of and allow them the opportunity to collect same. Happy to discuss, Please rate positive