ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

The sole access to my property is across land that seems to

the sole access to my property is across land that seems to be owned by my neighbour. On my deeds it clearly shows that I (and my 11 other neighbours) have right of access at all times for any reason with any vehicle and shows the area concerned. the neighbour who owns this driveway is in the process of building a new entrance door that will lead onto the driveway with ramped access that will cut the width of the driveway almost by a half. is this legal that our access can be reduced without consultation, without planning, without any reparation?
The 'land' owner should have consulted you with regard to any proposed change or variation to your right of way. I would be minded (perhaps as a collective of 12) to write to the 'land' owner with a solicitors letter putting him at notice that you would require either for him to stop this work or propose a suitable variation. If he refuses then you would potentially be able to apply to the court for an injunction under such circumstances. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive.