LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

I live on a gated complex. The land adjacent to all properties

Customer Question

I live on a gated complex. The land adjacent to all properties is common land supervised by a Limited Company because in all freehold agreements it sates quite precisely there is no parking on the common land. How do we stop residents and others from parking on common land?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
Unless there is a great deal of damage being done it will be virtually impossible to enforce the no parking rule through restraining orders and very expensive. Social pressure is likely to be more effective than threats of legal action or the limited company could carry out works (eg putting up fences or high kerbs) to prevent this conduct.
This may not be the answer you were hoping for but I don't think the law provides any real assistance to you here.