Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

How is ground rent calculated in England. Is there a set

How is ground rent calculated in England. Is there a set formula laid down in law?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is Clare and I shall do my best to help you.I am afraid that there is no set formula - which is why Ground Rent is different for different propertiesPlease ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So can I ask the mangaging agent to give me a break down of the calculations? My ground rent is over £1000 per annum which seems amazing for a one bedroom flat even if it is in a london suburb.
Can the amount be challenged?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
No I am afraid that the Ground Rent is a set sum set out in the lease - it is not negotiable with the Managing Agent - or anyone else