Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have been renting a property 6mths . The landlord

Customer Question

Hi I have been renting a property for 2yrs 6mths . The landlord came for yearly check of property and was extremely happy . Unfortunatley he said (the family) who own all local land and properties wanted our property back for an employee. They said they would work with us and help us to find another property, which they have . The property I am in is £2500.00 per mth and the new property is £1550.00 per mth which is obviously much less . Both 4 beds and I was happy to move and reduce bills as 3 of my children have left home.
The problem I now have is they require 8 mths rent in advance as I have paid later in mth lately due to serious family problems and bad health. I have only once let it over run to next mth. Then paid £5,000.00 in one mth which was when I had been in hospital.
We were told we could stay in this property indefinitely and due to the state of the muddy mess they called a drive we spent on £8,200 on driveway which seems to be totally dis guarded. I feel we have been bullied into agreeing to 8mths in advance or have nowhere to live when I am a good tenant.
I would appreciate some solid advice as I have only 11 days to find £10,500.00.
Your sincerely ***** ***@******.*** ***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How much notice have you been given to move out please?