Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience
27487359

My neighbors builders have damaged my concrete guttering and

my neighbors builders have damaged my concrete guttering and roof tiles the quality of work will also affect our party wall with damp either sooner or later, this was done whilst his section of concrete guttering was being replaced. I called in a surveyor and he stated to builders what needed to be done and they accepted but now doing nothing other than a bodged job a party wall notice was not given to us
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
The neighbour not the builder is responsible for any damage caused either now or in the future to your property. I would be minded to get your surveyor to put his concerns in writing and send a copy to the neighbour and invite his proposals. State that if there are ultimately loses suffered by you (basically damage to your property) then you will seek recompense in the courts and you are setting this out now in an attempt to avoid a greater claim later - happy to discuss - please rate positive