Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Five years ago my partner and I bought a large property with

Customer Question

Five years ago my partner and I bought a large property with large garden. It is a freehold property and we decided that I should have the garden and ground floor which comprises two, one bedroom flats, one of which I live in and the other I rent out. My partner has the upper floor which she rents out and comprises a two bedroom flat and an attic which has previously been used as living space and could be converted to provide another 1 bedroom flat.
We now want to draw up a legal document whereby we can each have sole ownership of our respective parts of the house.
I understand from my solicitor that it is normal for the ground floor flat, which I live in, to hold the freehold title and the other flats within the building to hold leasehold titles.
It is our wish, however, for the freehold title to be held in our joint names and all of the flats to each have leasehold titles.
Please could you advise?
Ken Gibbons
Expert:  Matt Jones replied 2 years ago.
HI there, can you just clarify is the question you want answering, are you able to put both of you as both joint owners of the Freehold and each have a leasehold title individually?
Hi Can you reply to the above so I can help further?