75100385

I purchased a 50% share of a flat with a Housing Association

Customer Question

I purchased a 50% share of a flat with a Housing Association (HA) 28 years ago with a 25% discounted market value. A new HA acquired the building more than 5 years ago. I gave notice to sell the flat and the HA first has the right to do so on my behalf. An offer of 50% of the value was made but the sale failed. I therefore gained permission to sell on the open market. I found a buyer and the HA sent a Pack, along with a letter to my Solicitor listing some requirements. The main is that the flat has to be sold at the discounted market value. This was not so in the previous case. I questioned the HA about this change of approach and they admitted that they were previously unaware.
Do I have a case against the HA for misleading me?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What will your loss be please?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I tried to call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this point, I am not sure because I need to take into consideration additional cost other than the 25 per cent reduction.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you want me to call you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes! ***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok