Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

This is about garden land that we have "rented" from a charitable

Customer Question

This is about garden land that we have "rented" from a charitable trust. We signed a 7 year agreement and were assured that providing all requirements were met it was just a formality that the agreement would be renewed but that a longer agreement was not possible due to restrictions set out by the charity commission. Now the 7 years is almost up the charity has said that they wish the agreement to cease. No explanation or reasons, just that they want to take control back...(but that is what the agreement did). We feel we were deliberately mis-led as we have looked after the land and put many shrubs in etc and we would never have done so much just for 7 years.
What are our rights please?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Is anything in writing saying it would be renewed please?