75100385

Someone owes me money and have said that because they can't

Someone owes me money and have said that because they can't currently pay, they will allow me to put a charge on their home.
I know there are various types of charge or restriction that one can place. I would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of each and the costs involved.
I also need to know how to fill out the relevant forms for the Land Registry and the exact text that I need to put on those forms
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You are better off having a restriction using form RX1. The Cost is £50 to the land registry.
Details are here
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/notices-restrictions-and-the-protection-of-third-party-interests-in-the-register/practice-guide-19-notices-restrictions-and-the-protection-of-third-party-interests-in-the-register
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are there any additional benefits to having a proper charge as opposed to a restriction?

Also assuming I go for a restriction, I need to know the wording to put in section 9 of the RX1 form

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
It would be form of words M. The benefits are about the same, consent would be needed either way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that there are no benefits to a charge?

What are the words of M?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
The words of M are contained in the practice guide I gave the link for. No audio two benfefits but more expensive as you will need a solicitor
Alex.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What does "no audio two benefits" mean?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sorry predictive text. Meant no additional benefit,
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.