75100385

Can I send decorators into my property during notice period

Customer Question

Can I send decorators into my property during notice period of eviction. No rent has been paid. I will notify tenant firstly and keep disturbance to a minimum
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Does your tenancy agreement allow you to do this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please ringI am by the phone
Sorry I was in Court. When are you next in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex I have now sent deposit to Deposit Protection service and am waiting for Certificate. Visited house yesterday after giving notice of intention on Monday. Door was locked and tenants phone unobtainable. After lots of phone calls tenant contacted me and said he would come and visit me at home yesterday. Did not turn up. Cant book in gas safety certificate which runs out on 18th as he will probably not open door to gas engineer. Now just waiting. When I receive certificate from
deposit can I send a letter amending it to apply to section 21 and keep date of leaving to end of December as I really do not want any extension of the tenancy.
If you can reply by e mail it will be sufficient for the time being as I do not know which way to go.
***** *****
No. You must get a Court order to evict. So once its protected etc you can serve the S.21