Matt Jones
Matt Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified and practicing Solicitor with over 7 years post qualification experience
13732703

If I have been in my business property from the third of march

if I have been in my business property from the third of march 2015 and have not signed my lease, yet my landlord has accepted my payment, does that mean he has accepted me as a tenant and am I covered by the 1954 landlord and tenant act and is my lease protected by default as they want me to sign an unprotected lease.
Expert:  Matt Jones replied 1 year ago.
HI I will try and help. Can you tell me a little more about how you ended up occupying the premises without a formal lease? i.e. what lead up to this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I entered premises and signed a temporary licence. my previous lease was protected and ends in 2020 and I was asked to move because of Barrats taking all our premises for construction site amenities. we were offered new premises and told to sign a new lease which would be unprotected. we sent our documents to an attorney to read over and make sure all is good. but now i have been forced to sign my lease by today or else they threaten to evict me. I have been paying rent all along. so am I correct in assuming they are forcing me to sign this lease even though they have been accepting my money which makes me a tenant. and can they kick me out as I have been paying rent
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when can I expect a reply as I am under the hammer.
Expert:  Matt Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. I have tried accepting your phone call request but it appears your payment hasn't cleared so the system wont allow me to connect to you. i am note sure what you mean by "I entered premises and signed a temporary licence. my previous lease was protected and ends in 2020" - Was the licence for the new premises (i.e the one you are in at the moment) and the 2020 lease over old premises? if so how did the 2020 lease come to an end ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it said you were busy and could not accept call. it would be a lot easier discussing this matter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the licence was for seventeen days for new premises, which has expired and my original lease has not expired it has just changed to arch 46 except it is not protected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could you send a call cant seem to do it again.
Expert:  Matt Jones replied 1 year ago.
Not sure if you have been able to access the call proposal. You have to click that you accept I think?. In the mean time let me try and get this right. You had a lease that expired in 2020. You moved, as you were asked, to new premises. You got a licence for the new premises. They have now given you a new lease for the new premises which is unprotected. Is this right?