Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

I am doing my own conveyancing. I have a question regarding

Customer Question

I am doing my own conveyancing. I have a question regarding the TR1 form. The sellers solicitors has ask for the following to be inserted in section 11 Additional Provisions
"The Transferee hereby covenants with the Transferor by way of indemnity to observe and perform the covenants and conditions affecting the said property and to indemnify the Transferor and his estate and effects in respect of any costs, claims or demands arising out of any breach non-performance or non-observance"
Seems to me to be trying to relieve the seller of all responsibility.
Is this either reasonably or normal
Thanksyou
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to assist you.This is standard wording and you are correct - the seller is indeed making sure that he or she cannot be help responsible of any breach of the covenants by you- which is entirely reasonable in the circumstancesPlease ask if you need further detailsClare