75100385

My name is ***** ***** I am a landlord. I have 3 tenants

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a landlord.
I have 3 tenants who are on periodic tenancies and I have sent letters to increase the rent.
I belatedly have heard about section 13.
To be legal do I need to issue section 13 notices or will new tenancy agreements do
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
No. If they are periodic the ONLY way you can increase the rent is by serving a Section 13 notice. You can Google search these. If you do not serve this notice, which gives a right to appeal then the increase is not lawful and not valid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex Your reply has clarified that point and given me a problem. All 3 tenants had 12 month agreements and I would like you to confirm that I need to give them 6 months notice with the section 13 notice.