75100385

Alex I think I am having trouble navigating around

Hello Alex I think I am having trouble navigating around this site. I sent a follow up question, but I don't think it got sent. I will try again. Thank you for your answer which clarifies that, but looks like it has given me a problem. All 3 tenants were
on 12 month agreements so can you confirm that I need to give 6 months notice. Regards Geoff
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to give them 1 months notice.
Or what you can do is serve a section 21 to give notice for possession and then if they want a new agreement put the rent up them.
But if its periodic then you only need to give 1 months notice for a section 13.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex W
Sorry I have been a long time getting back to you, but my internet connection went down.
Thanks for your answer. It looks as though it is a matter of interpretation of the word tenancy. I issued 12 month tenancy agreements with rent payable monthly. I now assume from your answer that that is a monthly tenancy.
Note 15 of the section 13 notice is what confused me. Can you confirm that I am dealing with a monthly tenancy.
Geoff
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If they pay monthly and assuming its been more than 12 months then you give 1 months notice.
You are dealing with a monthly periodic tenancy if its been more than 12 months since they last had an agreement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex W
Another internet failure ?
I typed loads and it all got wiped. So here goes again
Thanks for your reply I am happy we are dealing with 1 month notice
I issued letters giving all 3 tenants the rent due dates in Jan
Now it a question of which date I use on the notice, to keep me dead legal
1 tenant agreement dated 26/04/2003 ( yes 2003 ) rent due date on the agreement 16th
1 tenant agreement dated 14/11/2013 rent due date on the agreement 11th
1 tenant agreement dated 01/03/2013 rent due date on the agreement 6th The agreement was made out on the 1st but he didn't move in and sign the agreement until the 6th. I altered the date on the rent due date but not on the agreement.
What dates should I be using on the notices and if you think the agreement dates should I push the 1st Jan out to the 1st Feb
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes I would push it to 1st Feb to be sure.
Wouldnt want to risk it!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex W
So are you saying use the agreement date rather than rent due date.
To add to the complication the 2003 tenant wanted to pay on the 16th because it coincided with his pay day
Geoff
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
1st Feb is fine - stick with that. That seems to make sense.
Or you can just serve a notice to quit and start everyone all over again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex W
I am not up for serving notices to quit. I would like to know which dates to use, agreement date of rent due date
Geoff
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. You should put the agreement date.
So each person has their own agreement use that. Because that is when the rent is due, which may not necessarily be the date it is paid.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex WYes I think I have got there, sorry to have been a painRegardsGeoff