Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

I would like more time to prepare my form E application. I am due to submit this to court

I would like more time to prepare my form E application. I am due to submit this to court by 11 December and do not feel I would make the time. Is this possible?
I made an interim application to court just to deal with outstanding school fees. It was unsuccessful because my solicitor did not resonpond to the statements made by my ex husband's barrister. i need to change my solicitor as i have lost confidence in him. I also feel I should have a barrister as my case is complex. He is not inclined to do so. My ex husband is using a barrister all the time,. I wan to be better prepared.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.When were you notified of the date for filing the Form E?What information is outstanding?Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

26th October.

Information about asset abroad due to inheritance and pension details from a company I worked for a long time ago.

Also, I don't want to use my solicitor as I don't have confidence in him as my case is complex and unusual. He is refusing me to use a barrister. My ex husband's barrister is very good and very bright and I am really impressed with how she performed to date because she turned everything legitimate on its head and very aggressive. Can't i make a freshly started Form E application through another solicitor that is willing to use the help of a barrister?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Completing the Form E is not something that needs a Barrister - it is about putting information on the form.
If there is information outstanding then you simply say "to follow" - you will not be given extra time to complete the whole form, but you will be allowed to submit hard to get evidence late.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Oh sorry. I mean when the case comes up in January.

Will it be mor effective to get a barrister then?

Joyce

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
If you can afford one then yes it could be good to instruct one for the day - although it may be more effective to use one of the next hearing - the Financial Dispute Resolution hearing in stead