75100385

V quick question - Can a builder put up scaffolding above

Customer Question

Hi - v quick question - Can a builder put up scaffolding above part of my property with out my permission? (they are building a house which butts directly up to my boundary wall).
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you,
Is it for maintenance please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are building a new house and have reached first floor level. They obviously need to build the next level and The building abuts right up to my boundary (there is also a common wall between the end of my garden and that wall is being used as part of the ground floor construction. Is this categorised as a Party Garden Wall? No discussion or contact ref this has taken place). They have constructed scaffold directly over my garage - with not contact or request in any way.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
They can't do this. They need your permission anyway but if it's for maintenance you can't refuse. New build you can
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks _ I was pretty sure this was the case - have just been out and put a stop to it. On the wall aspect - is that classified as a Party wall and should they have contacted me for a Party Wall Agreement to be done?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's right,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wall is existing - there was an office building there before. The right hand side in the photo will be single story - the left two story. As you can see the single sorry part is out end wall of the garden. Our garage runs parallel to the wall, by the two story element. Should that have contacted us to form an agreement to do these works. They have never done so. Scaffolders have now remove most of the scaffold over our property - but obviously we have no indication of any damage already done.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Indeed you may need to get a surveyor report.