Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I am the guarantor and placed a deposit tenant but the

I am the guarantor and placed a deposit for a tenant but the landlord has never registered my deposit or has not provided me with any reference to my deposit.can i take him to court?
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 2 years ago.
No, but the tenant could.
The rights are those of the tenant rather than of the guarantor.
However, this landlord is in breach of his agreement.
You also need to check the contract that you signed. If it was limited to 6 months then you are only liable for 6 months. It might seek to try to extend your liability for the full duration of the tenant's occupancy but that has been struck down by the courts.
For future reference though, never act as a guarantor. If people are not credit worthy enough to get credit in their own identity then don't place yourself at risk.