75100385

Can a vendor of a house be liable by

can a vendor of a house be liable for misrepresentation by his estate agent
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 2 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The vendor of a commercial property has been threatened by the purchaser because the agent selling the property has overstated the income.
The sales was made via solicitors acting for both parties and the vendor did not make any representations on income to the purchaser
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Jo the vendor has been threatened with misrepresentation..
The agent has said that the property generates 10% pa - the purchaser did recieve 10% first year but the return has fallen in subsequent years..
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. I'm not sure this is my area so I will opt out for others.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Can you say when I will receive a response please
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you I will wait for the reply
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you,
Did the purchaser make their own enquiries please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Alex
The purchaser had solicitors advising and made their own enquiries including the management agreement which was with a separate company
The management agreement gave 10 percent return if the purchaser elected to receive that rather than half of the room income this has been paid for the last two years
The management company cannot continue paying ten percent as the income is lower
The purchaser is threatening proceedings against the vendor
But it was not the vendor that made the statement? Did the vendor have evidence to support the statement made?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The sales agent made the statement not the vendor
Then no, you can't be liable. You did not make the representation the agents did and so you are not liable.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience