75100385

I have just gone to my business unit on a business park and

I have just gone to my business unit on a business park and the landlords have put a lock in place on my door,with a note stating when I pay my rent for this month they will remove,I have given notice to vacate at the beginning of Nov since doing so they have changed the lock on main gate so I can't get access put no parking notes on vehs outside my unit
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Are you behind on rent?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes 11 days,I was holding until the end of month because they keep harassing me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still online Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am. Does the lease say the Landlord can take possession if you are late?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't think,but my lease is in my unit,I'm sure it did not mention,only thing I can remember was if you left anything they had the right to sell,it's not really a lease it's more of an generic agreement
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
So is it the gate that has been locked and changed, or your unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The gate lock was changed 3 wks ago I was not consulted or given the gate code I have not been at the unit this week but went there this morning to find a lock and note on my door " saying that I'm behind on my rent and that if I remove lock this will be viewed as breaking in"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have my rental licence here if you wish I can take pics and send to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is license agreement
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Right what you need to do is apply to the Court asap for relief. You need to complete this form:
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n005a-eng.pdf
The Court will list it urgently for hearing and decide whether to let you back in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the meantime what if I accede my move out date,are they legally entitled to lock me out of the yard and my business,and shall I just go ahead and release the funds to them,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You haven't answered whether or not they can deny me access to my unit and place a lock on my door?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes they are, the contract allows them. They can deny you access yes which is why you need to apply to court.
Does that clarify?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you view the licence agreement ,if so note that only one of the landlords signed,there is a space for Mr Beddows but no date and signature ,will this void or agreement
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes but you still need to apply to court for relief. Without that you can't get access.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not really ,as I said I have given them the check that was made out on my desk so I have access ,does the missing sig void our agreement as they are really making things difficult for me at the moment,I move out at the end of Dec and I don't want anymore locks put on my door
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No the missing signature does not void the agreement. They must let you back otherwise you can sue for breach of contract.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So now I've paid the two month notice they cannot prevent me from accessing my unit I'm just worried because they are making things as difficult as possible
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
That is correct.
Does that help?