Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

Please advise if the paragraph below means that my lease on

Please advise if the paragraph below means that my lease on my flat is 150 years from date of the original lease:
...the Developer HEREBY DEMISES the Premises to the Leaseholder with full title guarantee TOGETHER with the easements rights and privileges mentioned in the First and Second Schedules hereto subject as therein mentioned EXCEPT AND RESERVING the rights set out in the First and Third Schedules hereto TO HOLD the Premises to the Leaseholder for the term of ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY years less ten days from the Commencement Date YIELDING AND PAYING therefore the Annual Rent...
So if I bought the property in 2004 (as a new build) the remaining lease will be 139 years?
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. The "Commencement Date" should be defined in the definitions of the Lease. What is the commencement date?Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, the commencement date is 19 March 2003

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.This means that your lease runs for 150 years (less ten days) from 19 March 2003.So, the term of your lease is 19/03/2003 to 08/03/2153.This means that as at today’s date the remaining term that you have have on your lease is about 137 years and three months. Only when you get to approximately 75 years does the length of term remaining become an issue.. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom