75100385

My neighbour who has recently acquired the property

Customer Question

My neighbour who has recently acquired the property upon her brothers death, has planted around 100 plants, and trees next to my boundary fence, and house, the trees planted include Leylandii, Eucalyptus, Scotch fir ,Laurel, Camellia, magnolia, and various other garden shrubs., and being exnurserymen we are aware that several of the varities she has planted will cause problems in the future, especially the Leylandii, Eucalyptus, and Laurel. As the land is farm land, is she allowed to convert this land into garden without planning permission, and what redress will we have when these trees grow up and take the light from and over hang our property, as they undoubtedly will do with their canopy, and root growth. We have informed the council about what is happening next door, but they seem uninterested, and the neighbour herself is unapproachable to communicate with, as in her opinion what ever she does is always ok. This summer we had trouble with her dog barking all night on several occasions, when she let the dog out at night chasing rabbits, we approached her, and she blamed us for feeding the badgers in our garden which is complete nonsense so in the end we were forced to report the matter to the council, so as you can see the atmosphere is a little tense between us, and we want to try, and settle this in a sensible way before the tree issue gets out of hand. we have photographic evidence of the land was in the past, and how it is now, should you need to see it. Our email address is [email protected], and telephone number is ***********.MJ and LP ******
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have you complained to the Council at all please?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number we can chat on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes ***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I will call shortly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex I'm sorry but we have to be gone from here by 11.20am other than that you can email us and we will deal with your answer upon our return if you leave contact details. Or you could phone our mobile number ***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I will call your mobile.